With minimal hands-on prep, let you slow-cooker work its magic on this mouthwatering Moroccan stew.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 8 hours | Serves: 6
- 1 medium (1 1/2-pound) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 can (15- to 19-ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. raisins
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 lb. bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 box plain couscous
- In 6-quart slow cooker, combine squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, broth, and raisins. In cup, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and ground black pepper. Rub spice mixture all over chicken thighs; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook as manufacturer directs, on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, prepare couscous as label directs.
- To serve, fluff couscous with fork. Stir olives into chicken mixture. Serve chicken mixture over couscous.
For more healthy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.