An eye-catching pasta salad makes the perfect addition to your next potluck or BBQ. Plus, a dressing made with guilt-free Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise makes having seconds a no-brainer. Pro-tip: This recipe gets better with time so prepare it the day before to allow the flavors to meld.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Juice of two lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon pesto (jarred is fine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 8 ounces small, shaped pasta
- 1 can white (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Toss cooked pasta with beans, peas, tomatoes and olives. Stir in dressing until everything is fully coated. You may want to only use half the dressing at first, adding more as necessary.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving, although longer (overnight) is best to allow flavors to fully develop.
Note: Dressing recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman.
For more quick and healthy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.